Sunday 29 November 2009

PG Open Day

a
Last Wednesday, I helped out at the Postgraduate Open Day as a Student Ambasssador.

I worked alongside several other postgraduate students and we assisted with registration, directions, tours, parking duty and counting the number of students who attended each talk.


Two things struck me:


1. The Postgraduate Open Day was very well-attended and Birmingham is clearly one of the leading institutions for Postgraduate study.

2. Earning some money as a Student Ambassador is a great way for postgraduate to overcome some of their financial difficulties, in addition to being a CV-boosting development opportunity.


Congratulations must go to the Outreach department for putting on a well-organised, successful event.


Lastly, amidst all of my Ambassador work, I took time out to lead on a talk in my Officer capacity titled 'How to make the most of your time here at Birmingham.' Naturally, I talked at great length about the Guild and the PGMSA, plus I had three questions at the end, which is an impressive number for any PowerPoint presentation.


It is clear that the attendees on the day were impressed by what they heard and saw about our fine University. Let's hope we see them again next September.

a

No comments:

Post a Comment